TaintedSouls
Hey, I see your not logged in! Would you like to log in now? Or register to join and start chatting!
<3 The TaintedSouls
TaintedSouls
Hey, I see your not logged in! Would you like to log in now? Or register to join and start chatting!
<3 The TaintedSouls
TaintedSouls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone make sure to read Events and Updates! Have Fun in TaintedSouls! For people visiting to apply, click Join TaintedSouls and fill out the application. The more you post, the more points you can gain!
If you have any suggestions, advice or updates please post at the update forum!
We are an any level, Ages 16+ guild! We also have a Jr guild for everyone's Alternate Characters called TaintedSouIs, a guild for everyone's baby characters called BabyTainted, and a shopmule guild called TaintedMules! If you would like to join, please read the rules and fill out the application!
Alternately, you can contact me on Facebook at facebook.com/MrsGilligan. You can message or friend me for anything!
Similar topics
Navigation
 Website and Whose New
 Guild Roster and Ranks
 TaintedSouls Facebook Group
 The Ultimate Tainted Grinding Playlist 2010 *NEW*

Lost your password?
Latest topics
» Rantheman234's Application
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am by rantheman234

» Drizqy's Application !! :)
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:41 am by Drizqy

» CWKPQ Bonus Distributions
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:58 am by Jayltin

» Testing first sig
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:35 pm by Lulu666

» Crow's application :3
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 am by RyuujiTheDemonGod

» APPROVED BY DANNY~Pixp's Application
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm by jako1988

» nolimitskill application
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 am by Danny

» RaginPillows Application
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am by Lulu666

» ~Approved by Danny~ Application =)
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:53 pm by Danny

» ~Approved by Danny~ FloppySword's application
Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 am by Danny

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 265 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 am
Gallery
Archer's Where to Train Guide Empty

Share | 

Archer's Where to Train Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

My Character : Archer's Where to Train Guide FJJLJAILGJNNCPHIAGLGDKADAMHFPCNFIHLNAPAMNGIJLGBEBFEHHOAAIAODABLDGGNGIGAHELOBKPAKFHJDMKBCDHAKOLKB
My Main Character : Lalicakes
My Pet : Archer's Where to Train Guide MS_Pink_Bean
Name of Pet : Pinkella
Pet Level : 1
Female Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TaintedSouls Points : 67388
Fame : 39

PostSubject: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Copy and Pasted from Sleepywood (http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1454158)

Hello and welcome to my “Where to level” guide. This was written as Tylx has seemed to move on and though her list provides good places to train in the past and many of those are still good areas, some of the newer good places to train have not been added. This list is a combination of the two: Places that I’ve found good to train at coupled with places that she has included on the list.

In all honesty, I had wanted to post this here a few weeks ago when it was originally finished. However, right before I did post it, I decided to look over WhiteasIce's complete guide and what I noticed was that the places listed here and those found in his guide were VERY similar (even the commentary was similar). This made me hesitant about releasing this as while I did spend a lot of time on it, it was "useless" as it was redundant and releasing it would be hypocritical of me, a person who is often directing others to stickies, guides and search functions. I've had a busy few weeks (my birthday was last week and Im in the process of trying to find a summer job) and after putting it off for so long, Ive decided to pick it up and finally post it here (after seeing 2 threads about a training index on the first page).

A few things to mention before starting:

-While Tylx's guide is very simple and precise to the point and WhiteasIce's is very detailed, I hope this is somewhere in between. If someone wants just a simple guide on where to level, then they can just look at the places. If they want a bit of info on the place, they can open the spoiler and find it. Comments on the format are highly appreciated (both positive and negative). If you find any of the links/pictures are incorrect, please mention it and I will fix it.

-I know there are bunch of "missing guide links" here and that's because I wasnt sure: Do I need to personally ask for permission of each of them to link to their guides? That being said, if you have written a guide here and want to allow its use, posting/PMing me about it would be appreciated. After the posting of this, I intend to PM the owners of the guides for permission to use them but I've been busy so I havent had the time to do that yet.

-This guide is written for a specific group of people and assumes a few things:

1. That you know what an archer is and how to allocate both SP and AP properly (meaning you don’t have points in LUK, didn’t go thrust first and didn’t acquire items like INT overalls and +7’d melee weapons for use during training, etc.)

2. That you understand what equipment a standard archer would have and do whatever it takes to improve your damage (short of things that are against the Terms of Service). This would include simple things such as using a 100%’d dex Sauna/Bath robe, 3 dex green bamboo hat instead of class items that add less stats, despite how bad they look and using the bow suited for your level and things along those lines. In summary, you will be the “average” damage ranged archer with the bare minimum cheap equips (100%’d overall costs less than 400k: 15k for the bathrobe, 350k for 100% overall dex scrolls and Green bamboo hats cost under 100k and are reasonable affordable acquisitions of most archers).

As a last point that serves as a good reminder:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteAsIce

Your equipment does not determine where you should train. Ultimately, your skills determine your damage and where you should train.

Your equips determine the rate of training you have in a given place but it is your skill build that determines where you train, not your equips.

Formalities: Though I have contributed information to this guide, I do not take full credit for it. Many of the places found on this list are found within various guides around this forum. Thanks to everyone who has contributed by suggesting places to train, builds to try and to those who wrote guides for the benefit of fellow archers.

Q&A (If you have a question that isn’t answered by the following, feel free to post and ask)

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

My Character : Archer's Where to Train Guide FJJLJAILGJNNCPHIAGLGDKADAMHFPCNFIHLNAPAMNGIJLGBEBFEHHOAAIAODABLDGGNGIGAHELOBKPAKFHJDMKBCDHAKOLKB

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Summary

Categories: Fastest Training-Self explantatory. Fastest training without considering of meso drain/pot consumption

Most Logical training-Best place to train in terms of exp without paying an arm and leg to obtain

Most enjoying (grind free)-A fun way of leveling. Not always fastest but often more enjoying.

Best leeching-Place to go if you have high level'd friends (or another computer) willing to help you train

Best meso gain without using pots-Place to go if you just got hacked or if you're building up from basically no mesos

Best meso gain with pots-You already have decent equips but need somewhere to go to upgrade to get money to upgrade to even better equips.

Best drop hunting place-Place where you might lose money until you find the "jackpot" drop that will supply money for many levels to come.

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Note: First job is color coded in the following setup. Please look over it before proceeding. Note that the melee weapon recommendation is more for normal build archers (meaning those that have their strength aligned to use the bows/xbows of a certain level). Str-less archers should try the other leveling spots (then again, most STR-less archers are funded, meaning they’d probably level with exchange items anyways.

Orange = Melee weapon recommended

Green = sniping spots (meaning you will burn none or close to no HP pots when training)

Purple = Training without sniping spots (use double shot/arrow blow to kill monsters faster as these monsters can run into you, leading to bow whacking)

Levels 10-15

OGM Spoiler!

Levels 15-20

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Levels 20-30

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

2nd job has training grounds divided into the two jobs: Crossbowman and Hunter. The main difference is in their mobbing attacks. Iron Arrow (Crossbowman attack) is straight while Arrow bomb (Hunter attack) can travel and hit monsters in both vertical and horizontal directions from impact (and also stuns). Iron Arrow will be abbreviated IA and Arrow Bomb will be referred to as just Bomb.

Note: it is assumed that by now, you will ALWAYS be attacking with double shot or arrow blow, meaning that the previous coloring for melee, sniping and skills are no longer separated.

Green = Both Hunter and Crossbowman

Blue = Hunter

Red = Crossbowman

Levels 30-35

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Levels 35-40

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Levels 40-50

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:42 pm

-Star, Lunar and Luster Pixies (Location:Cloud Park iv, v, vi )

Archer's Where to Train Guide Maple0341

OGM Spoiler!

-Golem Temple IV (Location:Golem Temple IV)

Archer's Where to Train Guide Maple0614

OGM Spoiler!

-Straw Target Dummies (Location:Practice Field Beginner)

Archer's Where to Train Guide Maple0354

OGM Spoiler!

-Jr. Yeti (Location:Watch out for Icy Path I)

Archer's Where to Train Guide Maple0320

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

Levels 50-60

OGM Spoiler!

Levels 60-70

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

In 3rd job, the places will be colored as follows:

Green = Strafe first build

Blue = Arrow Rain/Arrow Eruption first build

Red = Early Inferno Build

Places where builds do not matter will be in Black. If a place is more ranger/sniper friendly, it will be specified in italics.

Levels 70-80

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Levels 80-90

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Levels 90-100 (by now you should have both rain and strafe so the coloring will be for the most part taken out)

OGM Spoiler!

Levels 100-120

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Levels 120+

OGM Spoiler!

Other:

OGM Spoiler!

Back to top Go down
Ikaika
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-10
TaintedSouls Points : 52306
Fame : 0

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Decent guide, but I have a few comments to make -- I'll admit that I didn't read the whole guide -- just the parts that pertained to my training at level 8x, but here are some things I noticed:

Firstly, your guide suggests training on *Black* Squids at Dangerous Sea Gorge I in the 7x levels. This map actually isn't recommended because, although Black Squids are lower leveled and easier to kill than Rissel Squids, there are also Goby Houses on this map which could pose a problem for someone who isn't equipped handle them. My suggestion would be to move on to the next map -- Dangerous Sea Gorge II -- where there are no Goby Houses, but more Rissel Squids than Blacks. It's actually suggested that you go to this map instead in the 8x levels with high strafe (you'd probably have a strafe-first build anyway if you were training here, right?) and level 6-9 puppet for max efficiency. Lately I've been training here myself and I could easy get 20-25% an hour, but because I pick everything up (lol), my percentage per hour has been knocked down to about 15%.

Another hugely popular alternative to squids from levels 7x-9x are Windraiders at Lower Ascent. Lots of platforms for easy sniping, but getting here as a bowman (since bowmen have low HP/low defense) could be troublesome -- especially when trying to get past Elderwraiths (they 1HKO me at level 85).

Secondly, Jr. Newties as the fastest exp in the 8x's? I've never tried it myself, but from what I hear, Typhoons at this level are excellent exp for those with a rain/erupt build. Some people actually prefer to stay at Typhoons until 4th job, though you COULD move on to Jr. Newties in the early 10x's. It is possible to go to Jr. Newties at level 8x, however, it won't be efficient.
Back to top Go down
healstrik
Tainted
Tainted

My Pet : Archer's Where to Train Guide MS_Weird_Alien
Name of Pet : AlienAP
Pet Level : 24
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2009-07-10
TaintedSouls Points : 62127
Fame : 9

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 pm

as far as i know Typhons are amazing exp from the point you have 21 AR/AE.

most people ive talked to say WR until that point, which should be around 78 or so and then go to typons for amazing exp.
Back to top Go down
Kuraudo
Jesters
Jesters
Kuraudo

My Pet : Archer's Where to Train Guide MS_Pet_Snail
Pet Level : 4
Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-13
TaintedSouls Points : 51879

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah the Archer training areas changed quite a bit with new maps and all, but the staples have been the Straw dummies in Mu Lung, Kru and Captain Pirates have a bad exp/hp ratio but they make up for it with ridiculous spawn. MP3 is awesome, but once Bowmen have 21 AR/AE its time for Typhons! I'm headed there when I turn 80. (All this ofcourse if you are an AR/AE early build)

But after checking out that soda spewing monster in Malaysia, I might try that too. Its still a little tough at the moment, but at 80 with a stronger bow it should be easier!!
I'll probably rotate from Typhons/Soda shooting monster (for them drops!) so as to not get bored of Typhons considering i'll probably be there into 100+

This guide is pretty good, but the Archer training reference on Basil is updated with newer maps and more input from other Archers.
pirat
Back to top Go down
healstrik
Tainted
Tainted

My Pet : Archer's Where to Train Guide MS_Weird_Alien
Name of Pet : AlienAP
Pet Level : 24
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2009-07-10
TaintedSouls Points : 62127
Fame : 9

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:36 am

the soda monsters are ANNOYING. the push slows down exp alot.
Back to top Go down
Kuraudo
Jesters
Jesters
Kuraudo

My Pet : Archer's Where to Train Guide MS_Pet_Snail
Pet Level : 4
Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-13
TaintedSouls Points : 51879

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah, I learned that as well. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archer's Where to Train Guide   Archer's Where to Train Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archer's Where to Train Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top