TaintedSouls
Hey, I see your not logged in! Would you like to log in now? Or register to join and start chatting!
<3 The TaintedSouls
TaintedSouls
Hey, I see your not logged in! Would you like to log in now? Or register to join and start chatting!
<3 The TaintedSouls
TaintedSouls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone make sure to read Events and Updates! Have Fun in TaintedSouls! For people visiting to apply, click Join TaintedSouls and fill out the application. The more you post, the more points you can gain!
If you have any suggestions, advice or updates please post at the update forum!
We are an any level, Ages 16+ guild! We also have a Jr guild for everyone's Alternate Characters called TaintedSouIs, a guild for everyone's baby characters called BabyTainted, and a shopmule guild called TaintedMules! If you would like to join, please read the rules and fill out the application!
Alternately, you can contact me on Facebook at facebook.com/MrsGilligan. You can message or friend me for anything!
Similar topics
Navigation
 Website and Whose New
 Guild Roster and Ranks
 TaintedSouls Facebook Group
 The Ultimate Tainted Grinding Playlist 2010 *NEW*

Lost your password?
Latest topics
» Rantheman234's Application
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am by rantheman234

» Drizqy's Application !! :)
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:41 am by Drizqy

» CWKPQ Bonus Distributions
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:58 am by Jayltin

» Testing first sig
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:35 pm by Lulu666

» Crow's application :3
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 am by RyuujiTheDemonGod

» APPROVED BY DANNY~Pixp's Application
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm by jako1988

» nolimitskill application
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 am by Danny

» RaginPillows Application
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am by Lulu666

» ~Approved by Danny~ Application =)
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:53 pm by Danny

» ~Approved by Danny~ FloppySword's application
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 am by Danny

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 265 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 am
Gallery
Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS Empty

Share | 

Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

My Character : Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS FJJLJAILGJNNCPHIAGLGDKADAMHFPCNFIHLNAPAMNGIJLGBEBFEHHOAAIAODABLDGGNGIGAHELOBKPAKFHJDMKBCDHAKOLKB
My Main Character : Lalicakes
My Pet : Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS MS_Pink_Bean
Name of Pet : Pinkella
Pet Level : 1
Female Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TaintedSouls Points : 67378
Fame : 39

PostSubject: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:47 am

this is copy and pasted from Lumancer on Basilmarket, Danny's friend.

Hello Basil! This is a reprint, since it was implied that my old thread was in the wrong forum. I've compiled a list of almost all content available in other versions of MS that we haven't received yet. Chances are, upcoming patches will be something from this list! I haven't quite covered everything, and I'm still missing information on a number of items, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

DISCLAIMER

The content listed below is in no particular order. We have no idea when, if, or in what order, any of this content will appear. A very great deal of content in other versions, especially KMS and KMST, are not covered here, if only because so little information is available at this time. Certain detailed descriptions are unverifiable and should be taken with a grain of salt. Note also that some of the sillier titles "in quotes" are written by me and are not official names. The information provided is for entertainment and speculative purposes only and should not be considered by any means definitive.

RECENTLY CONFIRMED:

In addition to CWKPQ, our next patch is confirmed to include buddy list expansions up to 100 (as noted below), as well as even more unexpected new content, in the form of Mal Volence's (or "MV"'s) treasure chamber (Am I the only one who senses a Guy Fawkes reference?)

"The Battle for Crimsonwood Keep" - CWKPQ

What is it?
While the details are still sketchy, CWKPQ is a level 90 to 200 pq located inside the keep. The little tidbits of information the GM's are leaking are sporadic, at best, but we are promised an experience unlike anything we have ever seen.

What are the chances we'll see it in the next 6 months?
CWKPQ is guaranteed for the next (Late February/Early March) patch.

"Master Masteria" - Vineland, Affluent Tower, the Yetti Sphinx, the Polis of Krakia

What is it?
Masteria is an enormous place- the content we've seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg. What exactly comes after CWK is difficult to guess; however, as with the keep, the GM's have left us little tidbits of information about what else we can expect to see...

Moderately high, but probably not until 3-4 patches after CWK release 2. Personally, my money is on the Polis of Krakia- we heard references to Dr. Krakia and the evil Krakian cyborgs in the Krakian jungle as far back as November 2007, after all; how much longer can they really put it off?

"Season 2" - Monster Carnival Returns

What is it?
Many of you may be surprised to hear that Spieglemann's crazy competitive PQ is only half complete; KMS has a second CPQ for players level 50 to 70, using monsters from deeper in Ludibrium. Exactly what monsters are available is not clear, but based on the descriptions I've found, we could see anything from Buffies and Soul Teddies to Gate Keepers and Thanatos. Only time will tell...
EDIT:I apologize for having to remove the google document with the monsters / prizes for CPQ season 2, but Basil's filter is blocking the URL for some reason. The most notable piece of information is that the PQ's provide "medals," a new equip slot. The best of these provides +10 to all four main stats, in addition to generous boosts to speed, jump, and several other stats.
RE-EDIT: It has also been suggested that there is, in fact, only ONE of each medal item in each server, and that whoever currently holds some arbitrary high score gets the medal automatically. However, once again, this cannot be verified for the time being. Sources would be appreciated...

Moderately low. Since CPQ2 is only available in KMS at the moment, it's pretty unlikely that we'll be seeing it any time soon; however, our friends at Nexon of America seem pretty quick to bring us PQ's compared with other content. After all, we're only the second version of MS anywhere to get Ludibrium Maze PQ. It's a slim chance, but we can still hope, right?

"Forest of Poison Fog" - Elin Forest PQ

What is it?
Has anyone ever noticed that EOS tower has a 101st floor, but Helios Tower does not? Turns out that many other versions of MS have a very special room at the top of Helios- the so called "Time Control Room," which transports players to a wild era in Ellinia's past. Elin Forest sports huge, prehistoric looking versions of modern Victoria monsters, as well as a quest to save the forest from the Black Magician's efforts to corrupt it. The quest is for levels 45 - 55, and although I cannot find information on any rewards for the PQ, we ARE assured that the experience is more than worthwhile.

Moderately high. As stated before, our GM's seem to like party quests, and this particular quest is already available in 3 other versions of Maple. Unless I'm mistaken, that's roughly similar to the situation that existed right before we got Monster Carnival, and considerably better than the situation before we got LMPQ. Either way, it's certainly something to look forward to.

"Maker" - The Alchemy Forging Skill

What is it?
As most of you are already aware, Maker is the Magatia-related Alchemy skill that allows you to forge many equips for your class without using any NPC's. Maker is especially unique in that it allows players to used "appraised" versions of gemstones to apply all sorts of stat increases to the equipment you're making- anything from HP and Accuracy to STR, LUK, and so on.

Moderately high. Although NXProse evaded the question on the Nexon forums, a press release from Nexon late last year made a passing remark about new item forging systems, which I sincerely hope points to Maker. I'll finally be able to make my HP shoes! <3

"The Knights of Cygnus" - Ereb

What is it?
For the one or two people who HAVEN'T already heard, the Knights of Cygnus are a new class currently available only in KMS. Unlike other classes, the Knights answer directly to Cygnus, the Empress of the maple world (Did you know we had an empress? News to me...) The Knights have a number of unique features and advantages, and offer a drastically different playing experience.

Next to NONE. It was 11 months after KMS released pirates before we finally saw the Nautilus show up. The Knights aren't coming any time soon...

"Time Temple" - The Sky of Ossyria

What is it?
Floating high above Leafre is the Time Temple, an area with monsters and bosses that will make even the most seasoned Mapler cringe. With trainable mobs as powerful as level 131, and Pink Been, a boss that went undefeated for months on end, Time Temple will present an impressive challenge to us all.

Moderate. Time Temple has been on the scene for roughly seven months from what I can tell, and three other versions of MS have the area, but it's hard to say how high a priority this is in Nexon of America's minds. Considering the sheer volume of content available there- including level 120 weapons that level up with you, and new top-level training grounds, ( Finally! =D ) the Temple will be a lot of work to implement, but well worth it to those of us playing.

"Boss Rush!" - Mu Lung Dojo and/or Bosshunter's Challenge quests

What is it?
Anyone who's ever played a Kirby game will know what a boss rush it- a long chain of bosses, back to back, with no way out and little or no break in between. Other versions of MS have, in fact, two separate boss-rush style opportunities. The first, and newest, is the Mu Lung Dojo; the second, which is found in many more versions than the Dojo, is the Bosshunter's Challenge, which is (regrettably) an event quest only. Both quests begin with something simple, such as Mano, and work gradually up to something a bit more challenging- Papulatus Clock is the second to last boss in both versions. I'm not clear what the rules are for partying in each of these quests; if anyone has that information, I'll be happy to add it.

Mu Lung Dojo seems moderately unlikely; it's still too new. However, the Bosshunter's Challenge event quest is fairly well established among the MS versions, and NXProse has recently hinted at boss rush content in our near future. I vote moderately likely for this one. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

"Zipangu Unleashed" - Kaede Castle, Kamuna, and Neo Tokyo

What is it?
Japan's version of Zipangu is many, many times larger of the Zip we know and love today. In the last two months, in particular, they have released a "Neo Tokyo" area in Zipangu that drops Maplers in the midst of an epic, Terminator style future war between man and machine. More notable, however, is the Kaede Castle area, a Shogun era fortress with incredibly powerful mobs (read: new training areas!), as well as a level 180 boss. Step right up to get squashed by a giant toad monster!

Moderately low for Kaede Castle, almost zero for the rest. As of right now, NO version other than JMS has these Zipangu elements. Taiwan MS is slated to get the castle in their next patch, however, so there is some hope.

"Around the World" - World Tour Expansions Galore

What is it?
The one thing GMS is most behind on right now is World Tour locations. So far, we have PART of Singapore and PART of Zipangu (see above); In addition to the content missing from those areas, we're also missing all 5 areas of China, all 3 areas of Formosa, all 3 areas of Malaysia, and both areas of Siam- each one filled with more mobs and bosses than I can even hope to fit in one thread!

Surprisingly low. GMS gets main storyline content moderately quickly, but as a cost, we don't get to see much of the World Tour. It'll be great if we see more World Tour patches, but don't count on it...

"Time Up!" - Assorted Mini Dungeons

What is it?
GMS has a good starting base of Mini Dungeons at this time, but there are still quite a few missing. In the future, expect to see new Mini Dungeons in Sleepywood, Magatia, Ariant, and Leafre.

Mixed. Some of the Mini Dungeons we're missing are old, some are new. All in all, they don't seem all that important, and probably won't get much priority from the development team.

"OMG MOAR BOSSES!" - Assorted Area Bosses

What is it?
GMS is also missing quite a few of the so-called "Area Bosses." The bosses missing include Dile, a giant Croco in Kerning swamp; Faust, a giant Zombie Lupin in Ellinia Forest; Timer, yet another clock monster for the upper floors of Ludi's clock tower; Geno, a giant robotic alien gray for Omega sector; Leviathan, a large blue Wyrm in the Leafre area; and Chimera, an odd cloaked monstrosity that lurks around Magatia. I've missed a few, but you get the idea; a loooooot of bosses.

Again, mixed. I think it is very, very likely that we'll see a handful of new area bosses within the next 2-3 patches after CWK is done. The majority of other Maple versions have at least 2/3 of the monsters I've listed here; we'll see how things progress.

"Gotcha!" - Bot Catching Monsters

What is it?
The bot catching monsters are, quite simply, monsters that occasionally appear and ensnare hackers or bots. Normal players are given reasonable ways to avoid getting caught by the monsters.

Frankly, I don't understand why we don't already have bot catching monsters; considering the waves of hacker problems we see, these would be a welcome addition to GMS. Note that there are tombstones in the Forest of Dead Trees that are associated with the Lich bot catcher; however, I'm not sure whether the Lich itself has been implemented or not. With any luck we'll be seeing them soon; however, as the bot catching monsters don't add anything "fun" to the game, they may raise more complaints than praise...

"What does THIS button do?" - Gameplay Enhancements

What is it?
There are a variety of smaller goodies we can look forward to as well, including:
- Buddy List sorting, and buddy list expansions up to 100
- Additional info in the character window
- Storage Locking (Exact details sketchy; adds a pin to some aspects of your inventory)
- 8 new minigames, including Monster Arcade, Fishing, and more!
- New taxi and travel NPC's
-and more!

High. Nexon seems to like throwing little goodies in with the patches (exhibit A, "Jump Down"). Expect to see occasional tweaks throughout the year.

"Gotta catch 'em all!" - Monster Book

What is it?
Do any of you remember those weird monster cards that dropped in Magatia right after it came out? Those are "Monster Cards," special items that automatically get collected in your monster book. You can collect up to six of each monster's card, and each time you do you get a special temporary bonus against that monster (ex: extra experience, increased damage, etc.) as well as vital information for your monster book (name, stats, animations, description). If you want 'em all, you'll have your work cut out for you!

Moderately high. After all, we already have a Monster Book hot key on our keyboards, and Monster Cards seen in game; even if it was a wild error on Nexon's part, I see this as a sign in favor of Monster Book's release.

In Closing

And that's all she wrote ladies and gents. Only three things I'm still missing for now are Coke Town, Premium Road, and the new Supreme Balrog, all of which I'll add in the near future. As always, if you find incorrect information, something I've missed, or something you'd like me to add, please send me a PM and I'll be sure to look into it. Happy Mapling everybody!
Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

My Character : Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS FJJLJAILGJNNCPHIAGLGDKADAMHFPCNFIHLNAPAMNGIJLGBEBFEHHOAAIAODABLDGGNGIGAHELOBKPAKFHJDMKBCDHAKOLKB

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:12 am

A few Youtube people have great vids on most of this stuff

Skycombat YOUTUBE

C0pperchan's YOUTUBE

I watched a great Boss Rush Vid, but I cant find it now >.<
Back to top Go down
Dinosorry
Noblemen
Noblemen
Dinosorry

My Pet : Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS MS_Pet_Snail
Pet Level : 15
Male Number of posts : 166
TaintedSouls Points : 56719
Fame : 6

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm

I am really excited about the carnival 2 party quest but I'll probably get to lvl 70 before ti comes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 281
TaintedSouls Points : 56326
Fame : 0

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm

The member 'Dinosorry' has done the following action : Trained

'Training' : 2, 4, 2, 2, 3

awards
Back to top Go down
https://taintedsouls.darkbb.com
HumpandDump
Knights
Knights
HumpandDump

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-26
TaintedSouls Points : 57105
Fame : 9

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Wow, these up and coming features sounds great, esp those mini games. I'd all over them like white on rice. 8)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:31 pm

The member 'HumpandDump' has done the following action : Trained

'Training' : 5, 5, 1, 5, 5

awards
Back to top Go down
miles224
Tainted
Tainted
miles224

My Main Character : TaintedMrow
My Pet : Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS MS_Orange_Tiger
Name of Pet : blarg!
Pet Level : 24
Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-03-01
TaintedSouls Points : 56318
Fame : 19

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:36 pm

cpq season 2 definetly interests me alot, they still need to add a pvp arena in my opinion though lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:36 pm

The member 'miles224' has done the following action : Trained

'Training' : 4, 4, 3, 3, 3

awards
Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 am

I found the boss run vid! I WANT THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Due to Lumancer's request this thread is gone, as I have no time to update this one everytime he updates his. (As you can see I posted this thread just about a year ago, and never updated it when he updated, Ontop of no time to really keep things up, my ADD makes it hard to remember every little thing I post.

I believe this is an uptodate link?

http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/955677/1/Lumancers_Guide_to_Whats_Next_in_GMS.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS   Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lumancer's Guide on Whats Next for GMS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top