TaintedSouls
Hey, I see your not logged in! Would you like to log in now? Or register to join and start chatting!
<3 The TaintedSouls
TaintedSouls
Hey, I see your not logged in! Would you like to log in now? Or register to join and start chatting!
<3 The TaintedSouls
TaintedSouls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone make sure to read Events and Updates! Have Fun in TaintedSouls! For people visiting to apply, click Join TaintedSouls and fill out the application. The more you post, the more points you can gain!
If you have any suggestions, advice or updates please post at the update forum!
We are an any level, Ages 16+ guild! We also have a Jr guild for everyone's Alternate Characters called TaintedSouIs, a guild for everyone's baby characters called BabyTainted, and a shopmule guild called TaintedMules! If you would like to join, please read the rules and fill out the application!
Alternately, you can contact me on Facebook at facebook.com/MrsGilligan. You can message or friend me for anything!
Similar topics
Navigation
 Website and Whose New
 Guild Roster and Ranks
 TaintedSouls Facebook Group
 The Ultimate Tainted Grinding Playlist 2010 *NEW*

Lost your password?
Latest topics
» Rantheman234's Application
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am by rantheman234

» Drizqy's Application !! :)
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:41 am by Drizqy

» CWKPQ Bonus Distributions
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:58 am by Jayltin

» Testing first sig
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:35 pm by Lulu666

» Crow's application :3
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 am by RyuujiTheDemonGod

» APPROVED BY DANNY~Pixp's Application
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm by jako1988

» nolimitskill application
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 am by Danny

» RaginPillows Application
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am by Lulu666

» ~Approved by Danny~ Application =)
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:53 pm by Danny

» ~Approved by Danny~ FloppySword's application
The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 am by Danny

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 265 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 am
Gallery
The Reason Behind The Rules Empty

Share | 

The Reason Behind The Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaintedKrys
Admin
Admin
TaintedKrys

My Character : The Reason Behind The Rules FJJLJAILGJNNCPHIAGLGDKADAMHFPCNFIHLNAPAMNGIJLGBEBFEHHOAAIAODABLDGGNGIGAHELOBKPAKFHJDMKBCDHAKOLKB
My Main Character : Lalicakes
My Pet : The Reason Behind The Rules MS_Pink_Bean
Name of Pet : Pinkella
Pet Level : 1
Female Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TaintedSouls Points : 67388
Fame : 39

The Reason Behind The Rules Empty
PostSubject: The Reason Behind The Rules   The Reason Behind The Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:40 pm

With the recent "situation", I've realized we have expected you all to blindly follow the rules and assumed them to be common knowledge / sense. I'd like to explain them in more detail and hope that anyone that may be confused or frustrated will be able to understand them.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I can talk it all through with you and try to help. Smile

For full details of the rules go here https://taintedsouls.darkbb.com/t54-rules-requirements-and-application

Must be ages 16+.
This is strictly for the type of talks that we like in the chat, as well as the talks that tend to happen. Also, I find it slightly creepy to talk openly to a 10 yr old... lol...

Literacy.
This also includes pressing "Enter" too much. This is just to lessen spam and make it easier for everyone to read what you are saying. Slang IS okay, of course.

100% No hacking in the past, present, or future.
This is our STRICTEST rule. ANYTHING that could end up getting you banned, for however long, is VERY strict. For more in depth about this, please see here https://taintedsouls.darkbb.com/t461-hackers-and-you

No Derogatory terms.
This is to keep our environment open and welcoming. We have many different people in the guild. We have many homosexuals, many races, many religious views within the guild. We also do have several people with autism. If you were any of these, would you want to be in a guild that said things like "OMG that is so gay!" or "stop being a retard!" Not only does it offend the people that it makes fun of, but it offends me as well. I am bisexual and I do have a mental problem. Another subject that we would like to keep out is rape. It is not a casual discussion, it brings back painful memories for me, and it does create a very uncomfortable atmosphere in the guild.

No drug, alcohol, religion, politics talk.
We are a mature guild and not everyone likes seeing "Man I just got so blazed up, I love weeeeeeed Its amazing." It makes people feel uncomfortable.
No religion talk is based on not everyone has the same views and end up feel battered by their beliefs. As well as politics talk. It can get very heated.
Debates are only allowed with WILLING participants, due to everyone has their own opinions. Debating with a guildee that does NOT want to debate makes that guildee feel alienated and would want to leave the hostile environment. If you are a willing participant in a debate that may get heated, please bring it to whisper / chat.

Activeness and Guildhopping.
Activeness is a common sense thing. We don't expect you to be on everyday of the week. But we do expect you to participate. We usually of a waiting list of recruits wanting to be in, so if you do NOT want to be in, then we have people who do.
Also, you will notice we keep people who don't log in for months at a time. It is because they have told us they would be busy, either school, work, or even just bored with Maple for a while. They are still here because they have told us they won't be able to get on and they have told us they wish to stay in the guild. We like the friendships that are created here and understand that anything in real life can make it tough to log into the game.
Guildhopping is jumping from one guild to another, and sometimes back. As well as having many characters in different guilds. We are lenient with the latter if you have a reason and talk with Danny about it.

We do not like beggers

This is a basic rule. It just makes you look bad.

Knowing Names
This is not a rule, per say, but has been a big hassle. We do NOT expect you to know everyones names, that's only Danny's and Jocelyn's jobs! (lol) But we do expect a "hey, what was your name again?" We are a family and like to see it as so. It makes it feel hard like stone being in a guild and seeing people call eachother by their IGNs and not their names, or trying to remember the names at least. You wouldn't say "Hey RedHead" to your sister. We just like it to feel welcoming and homey. A home away from home!
There are a few people who have knicknames, or actually like to be called by their IGN. So it can become a bit confusing.

If there is anything at all that you need to ask, talk about or just chat, don't be afraid to PM me!

All the rules are in place due to past experiences. The only rule that we had when we first created the guild is the age limit. Every single rule was put into place after an incident. If you have any questions about the instances, PM me. I will tell you what happened, but WILL NOT tell you the person(s) name(s).

Please do understand that we are strict for a reason! We do not have rules to be communists, we have rules to make our home on Maplestory fun for EVERYONE.

EDIT: Any bannable offenses are against our rules. Please read here for more information: https://taintedsouls.darkbb.com/t461-hackers-and-you

Back to top Go down

The Reason Behind The Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top